When you are in a car accident, you may be asking yourself what to do. While the facts of each case vary, there are a few things you should keep in mind. The first is to hire an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lawyer will be able to protect your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
What to Do After Car Accident
The most important thing after a car accident is to stay safe. Here are some tips for what to do after a car accident
- Make sure you get the name, address and contact information of any witnesses to the accident – This will help corroborate your story if you need to file a claim later on.
- Remain calm – When you’re involved in a car accident, your emotions can run high. Resist the temptation to argue with the other driver or call them names. Instead, stay calm and gather your thoughts.
- Call the police – If you have been in an accident and there has been property damage, be sure to call the police. They will need to determine who was at fault and may need your statement or photographs to do so.
- Get a copy of the police report – You’ll want to get a copy of the report as soon as possible after the accident so that you can understand what happened and know your rights. The police may ask for this document during their investigation.
- Contact an attorney – If you were injured in the accident, it’s important to contact an attorney as soon as possible. A car accident attorney can help you investigate the accident and protect your rights.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident – This will help you remember what happened and document any injuries or damage that you may have observed.
What Are Common Car Accident Injuries to Look Out For?
Injuries from a car accident can range from minor lacerations and scratches to serious spinal cord injuries and head injuries. Here are some of the most common car accident injuries to look out for:
Head injuries are one of the most common types of injury after a car accident. If you are injured in a car accident, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. A head injury can cause serious neurological damage, and may even be fatal.
Neck pain is often one of the first emotions people experience after a car accident. This is likely due to the forces exerted on the neck during a collision, which can cause whiplash or other neurological damage. If you’re experiencing neck pain after a car accident, make sure to see a doctor as soon as possible.
Back pain is also often one of the most common symptoms experienced after a car accident. This is due to strain on the back during collision and maneuvering, as well as spinal compression caused by airbag deployment or other debris. If you’re experiencing back pain after an accident, make sure to see a doctor for evaluation and treatment.
Both arms can be injured in a car accident, especially if you’re thrown from your vehicle or collide with another object while driving. Arm Injuries can range from fractures and dislocations.
A broken bone can occur anywhere in the body, and can lead to extensive physical and psychological damage. It is important to seek immediate medical help if you sustain a broken bone in a car accident.
A concussion is a traumatic brain injury caused by an abrupt impact to the head or skull. If not treated promptly, a concussion can lead to long-term neurological problems. It is important to seek medical attention if you experience any signs or symptoms of a concussion, such as headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Whiplash is a common car accident injury that can occur when the driver is restrained in their seat and the vehicle violently swings back and forth. This can cause long-term pain in the arms and nerves, which may require physical therapy to get back to normal. In addition, whiplash often leads to other arm injuries, such as rotator cuff tear or dislocation. If you are ever involved in a car crash and experience neck or arm pain, it is important to seek medical attention.
This is perhaps the most dangerous type of injury after a car accident. If your head is hit hard enough, there is a significant risk of bleeding within the skull or brain. Head wounds that go untreated can lead to coma or even death. If you are injured and notice any swelling or redness around your brain or skull, seek medical help immediately.
Is a Lawsuit Always Necessary to Recover Damages?
In many car accidents, people may be injured and must seek legal representation to pursue compensation for their losses. However, it is important to know whether or not a lawsuit is always necessary in order to recover damages.
The best way to determine if pursuing a legal action is necessary is to speak with an experienced car accident attorney Louisville, Kentucky. The lawyer can help you answer questions such as:
- Who is responsible for the damages?
- Can I file a claim against the other driver?
- What defenses can I use in court?
If you are injured in a car accident and need assistance to determine whether or not filing a lawsuit is the best option for you, do not hesitate to contact an experienced attorney at Dixie Law Group.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Car Accident Attorney Louisville
When you’re dealing with car accident injuries, it’s important to have a qualified attorney on your side. At our firm, we offer free consultations to help you decide whether or not we are the right fit for your particular case. Simply call us and we’ll set up a time for you to come in and chat with one of our attorneys.
At our firm, we understand that going through a car accident can be a traumatic experience. That’s why we take care of all of our clients personally and make sure that they understand their rights and what they can do to get the most out of their case. We aim to provide personalized service and always fight for our clients’ best interests.
Give us a call today and talk with one of our attorneys.