Choosing a skilled personal injury attorney to advocate for your best interests can play a vital role in determining the compensation you will receive. You may be wondering how to know if you have found the right attorney to take your case? In that regard, we have compiled a list of seven traits that we suggest you consider when hiring a personal injury attorney.
- They Have Good Recommendations – Whether these good recommendations come from other attorneys, peers, or former clients, a good recommendation is a good sign. Especially when considering previous clients, a capable attorney will have satisfied clients. Clients often share their thoughts on the attorney's website or on Google Review. A recommendation (whatever its form) sheds a favorable light on a skillful personal injury attorney.
- They Will Take Cases to Trial – It is essential to choose an attorney who is experienced in taking cases to trial. Belonging to the National Trial Lawyers Organization is one indication that your attorney is willing and able to take your case to the courtroom. Not having a qualified trial lawyer on your side can be detrimental to your situation. Insurance companies are aware that attorneys will take a case to trial and which attorneys just want a quick settlement.
- They Make You Feel Comfortable and Cared for – Good personal injury attorneys always have the best interest of their clients at the forefront of their minds. They genuinely care about the successful outcome of your individual case and long-term wellbeing. They are approachable. You will be spending time with your personal injury attorney, so you want to ensure that you feel comfortable.
- They Have Spoken at Legal Education Seminars – More often than not, skillful attorneys have spoken at legal education seminars. This information is generally listed on the attorney’s website. Attorneys who have talked at legal education seminars have been recognized by others in their professional field. If other attorneys want to hear them speak, that is a good indication that they are well respected.
- They Have a Focused Area of Practice – It is vital to choose an attorney whose professional focus is on personal injury. Familiarization with the law is crucial, so you want someone who is exceptionally well-versed with personal injury law handling your case.
- They Don’t Do Beg For Cases – As stated on our website, you will not see us on TV begging for your personal injury case. Our focus is on you. That’s why we accept a limited number of cases at any given time. If we accept your case, then we believe in it. Commercials can also create juror bias if your case were to go to trial against the TV lawyer. We try cases, and that’s important.
Operating the aftermath of a car crash is a strenuous task. We are here to relieve that stress and let you focus on getting healthy. If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, please do not hesitate to call Dixie Law Group at 502-305-4654.
You will receive a 100% free consultation with an attorney.
Dixie Law Group, PSC – A Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm